By Therese Hansen | December 15, 2008
JAOO needs a new name and in a letter to all past JAOO attendees the JAOO-team asks for help. The best suggestions will be rewarded and the contest is open to anyone so I wanted to give you all the opportunity to read the letter:
We feel that our conference needs a new name. People new to the conference think that it is a Java[tm] conference; but as you know: JAOO is about much more than that.
We have thought long and hard about what to call it – if not JAOO; but nothing good has come up. So – why not ask some of the smartest people we know: everybody who’s been to JAOO.
To get the thing going, we have set up a PRIZE of DKK 25.000 (approx. USD 4500) to a winning proposal, plus free tickets to any upcoming [JAOO] conference to the 10 best proposals.
Guidelines for the name
- A good word that relates to key topics at JAOO is a plus (architecture, methods, technology, software trends, …)
- Alternatively it could be a good short constructed word that has nothing to do with anything.
- If a Google search for the name gives very few hits, then it is a plus.
- We will eventually need the .com domain, so it is nice if it is free.
Rules are simple
- send proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to CC a trusted friend when you send us the proposal.
- We reserve the right to not use any incoming proposals.
- The competition *closes December 22 2008*
- The winners will be contacted directly and announced here at blog.jaoo.dk before the end of January.
- We need to get the .com domain for the winning proposal. You can ensure this by acquiring the domain, and then transfer it to us if we choose your proposal. We provide no money-back guarantee here if you register domains we do not use.
- Alternatively, if you propose to us the winning name without having the .com domain, we will still give you the prize money minus expenses to acquire the domain.
We look forward to hear from you.